Regardless of the type of business you have, your work will be composed of those three things: thoughts, conversations, and actions.
As an entrepreneur, you may be frequently interrupted or pulled in different directions. While you cannot eliminate interruptions, you do get a say on how much time you will spend on them and how much time you will spend on the thoughts, conversations, and actions that will lead you to success.
Here the following 10 time management tips to follow:
1. Carry a schedule and record all your thoughts, conversations and activities for a week. This will help you understand how much you can get done during the course of a day and where your precious moments are going.
2. Any activity or conversation that’s important to your success should precious moments are going.
3. Plan to spend at least 50 percent of your time engaged in the thoughts, activities, and conversations that produce most of your results.
4. Schedule time for interruptions. Plan time to be pulled away from what you’re doing.
5. Take the first 30 minutes of every day to plan your day. Don’t start your day until you complete your time plan.
6. Take five minutes before every call and task to decide what result you want to attain. This will help you know what success looks like before you start.
7. Put up a “Do Not Disturb” sign when you absolutely have to get work done.
8. Practice not answering the phone just because it’s ringing and e-mails just because they show up. Disconnect instant messaging.
9. Block out other distractions like Facebook and other forms of social media unless you use these tools to generate business.
10. Remember that it’s impossible to get everything done. Also remember the odds are good that 20 percent of your thoughts, conversations, and activities produce 80 percent of your results.
Source: The complete article 10 Time Management Tips That Work was published in Entrepreneur Magazine.